As parents, we’re often faced with the difficult task of helping our children cope with everyday frustrations. From not getting what they want to dealing with disappointment, kids must learn to navigate setbacks. One great way to help kids learn resilience and self-love is to teach them how to use positive affirmations.
“This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link. Full disclosure here.”
How Do You Explain Positive Affirmations to Your Kids?
Simply put, positive affirmations are simple phrases we can repeat to ourselves to stay focused, and positive, and overcome negative or defeating thoughts. Positive affirmations for kids can help build self-confidence and resilience in order to tackle life’s ups and downs.
By repeating positive affirmations on a daily basis, children learn to focus on the positive aspects of life and remind themselves that they are capable of anything they set their minds to.
Instilling positive affirmations into your child’s routine provides them with essential skills for facing life’s challenges head on – making it one of the most important things you can do for your child’s well-being and happiness.
Benefits of Positive Affirmations for Kids
Again, positive affirmations for kids can be powerful tools to help build positive self-esteem, resilience and confidence. When children repeat positive affirmations on a regular basis, they can start to believe in themselves and their ability to tackle life’s challenges.
This positive self-talk helps kids develop positive attitudes and beliefs that will stay with them into adulthood. Here are just three benefits of teaching kids how to use positive affirmations.
- Positive affirmations can help children feel better about themselves and improve their self-esteem. When children hear positive messages about themselves, it can boost their confidence and help them develop a more positive self-image.
Better Mental Health
- Positive affirmations can help children develop a more positive mindset and improve their overall mental health. Regularly practicing positive affirmations can help reduce stress and anxiety, increase feelings of happiness and well-being, and promote a more optimistic outlook on life.
Improved Academic Performance
- Children who have a positive mindset and feel good about themselves are more likely to succeed academically. Positive affirmations can help children develop a growth mindset, which can lead to improved academic performance, better problem-solving skills, and a greater willingness to try new things and take on challenges.
How Do You Teach Positive Affirmations to Your Kids?
Not sure how to start teaching positive affirmations to your kids? Here are three easy ways to get started.
Model positive self-talk:
- Kids learn by example, and seeing their parents practice positive self-talk can have a significant impact on them. Practice saying positive affirmations out loud in front of your children and explain to them why you’re doing it. Encourage your child to do the same.
Make it a fun activity:
- Turning affirmations into a fun activity can help your child engage more with the concept. Create affirmation cards or posters with your child, and decorate them with stickers, pictures, or drawings. Make it a daily routine to say these affirmations out loud together.
Use books and resources:
- There are many books, videos, and other resources available that teach positive affirmations to children. Reading books or watching videos with positive messages can be a great way to introduce your child to the concept and help them understand the importance of positive thinking. Some examples of children’s books that focus on positive affirmations include “I Can Do Hard Things: Mindful Affirmations for Kids” by Gabi Garcia and “I Think, I Am!” by Louise L. Hay.
40 Positive Affirmations for Kids
Here are 40 positive affirmations you can use right now to get started.
1. I am capable of achieving anything I put my mind to.
2. Mistakes are okay because they help me learn and grow.
3. I choose to see the good in every situation.
4. I see the potential in myself and others.
5. My worth is not determined by what I have or don’t have.
6. I can choose to be happy no matter what happens around me.
7. I am strong enough to face any difficult situation.
8. I accept and embrace all of my emotions with kindness.
9. My voice is valuable and I have the power to create change in the world.
10. I am growing and learning every day, and that is an amazing thing!
11. My thoughts are powerful and I choose to think positively.
12. I was born with unique gifts that no one else has, and I am proud of that.
13. I strive for excellence in all areas of my life.
14. I trust my intuition and believe in myself.
15. I focus on what I can do, not on what I can’t do.
16. I am worthy of love and respect from others.
17. My mistakes are my stepping stones to success.
18. I am resilient and I will never give up.
19. I radiate positivity, kindness, and compassion.
20. My future is full of infinite possibilities.
21. I am strong and capable of anything I set my mind to.
22. I am worthy of love and acceptance.
23. I have the power to choose positive thoughts and actions each day.
24. I am in control of my own destiny, no matter what life throws at me.
25. My mistakes do not define who I am; they help me grow and learn from experience.
26. I have the courage to make healthy choices even when faced with difficult decisions.
27. It is ok to feel emotions, positive or negative; it is how we express them that matters most.
28. There is beauty in all things if we take the time to look for it and appreciate it.
29. It is important to take care of myself, both physically and mentally, so that I can be my best self always.
30. Every challenge is an opportunity for growth and learning if we approach it with an open mind and a positive outlook.
31. My positive attitude will attract positive opportunities into my life every day.
32. My words have the power to build others up instead of breaking them down.
33. Success comes from hard work and dedication, not luck or talent alone.
34. Today is a new chance for me to make positive changes in my life.
35. Everyone makes mistakes, but how I respond determines how much I grow from them.
36. Life will never be perfect, but it can still be beautiful if we focus on the positive aspects.
37. What other people think about me does not determine who I am or what kind of person I should be.
38. Gratitude helps me find joy in everyday moments without taking them for granted.
39. Learning new skills and knowledge helps empower me to reach any goals that I set for myself.
40. Kindness towards others adds value and purpose to our lives because it lifts us all up together.
Remember – Positive affirmations for kids are an important tool that will not only make your child feel good about themselves but also give them the foundation they need to be successful in life. So take some time today and start teaching positive language to your kid – it could have a lasting impact on their future!